Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blueberries, blueberries, blueberries...

Sunday we went to Underwood Farms to pick blueberries. Our friends Margaret and Olivia from music class wound up joining us. They met us at the house and J was able to get Olivia's booster seat to fit between the boys' carseats in the truck. So, the six of us were able to go in one car (truck) which was terribly exciting, especially for the boys as they've never had another kid sit between them. They were like 3 sibblings having a blast in the back while the three adults were able to chat themselves. (I'm having to learn the art of socializing again now that I am able to have a semblance of a conversation since the boys are a bit older - it's been just about 4 years of no conversation so I'm definitely out of practice!) After the hour or so drive, we arrived and had a blast. The weather was great (not hot), it wasn't too crowded and we were outside with our friends and each other.

We've been reading Blueberries for Sal for quite sometime and so I kept referring to both N and S as my little Sal and then would pretend to put my basket behind me and not look while they grabbed some blueberries to eat. I'm sure they each ate a good 1/2 pound of blueberries and then we collected about 4 pounds to bring home. We will easily go through those as the boys LOVE their blueberries.

Back into the truck we all went just before Noon and we had a nice truck picnic together as J drove home. The boys eat so well and it was funny to see that Olivia (a very picky eater) wound up trying a couple things from the boys' bowls that she normally wouldn't have been inclined to try otherwise.

As usual, I'm catching up on days... Monday was just a nice quiet extra day. Lots of Legos, a quick trip to the park, showers, nap and playing outside in the backyard with our neighbor while J BBQ'd. It was SOO great to have the extra day to catch up.

Yesterday, back to normal except I had a doctor's appointment in the AM so I was able to spend a few minutes in the morning with the boys. They (and I) loved having the special time and they LOVED sharing my breakfast of yogurt, granola and strawberries. My little birds - as soon as they see me eating anything they quickly come over, stand near me with their mouths open and keep asking over and over for "one more" bite.

Dinner (Monday) - made homemade pasta for the first time and had that with pesto sauce and tomatoes, blueberries, peaches, homemade popsicle.

Books - My Preschool (S), Christmas Fisher Price Little People lift the flaps book (I know, Christmas?!) (N).

Playtime: Legos and Bug Movie

No comments: