Pre-kids I loved weekends. Post-kids I LOVE weekends. I LIVE for my weekends. And a 3-day weekend, I loved the extra special day. Friday's are date night with the boys. It is such a nice way to start the weekend.
My story to post today is about empathy. I was reading new library books to the boys yesterday afternoon right after they got up from their nap. One of the books was about a peacock who has a wimpy tail and wishes for the nice-designed tail of the other peacocks. Well the peacock's tail grows and the design turns into a scary face. All the other peacocks are scared of the one peacock and tell him he either has to leave or get rid of his tail. As I was reading this book, S started to cry. Just quietly teared up next to me. I was so amazed - not because I don't think the boys are sensitive and caring, more because he "got" it so and was so in tuned to how that would feel. Made me sad to see him cry but at the same time nice to see that he has such empathy. He did NOT like that I noticed though.
Dinner: Grilled salmon, corn/tomato/avocado salad, green beans. Peaches, strawberries and carrot-cake cookies. (I love dinners like this - for some reason I feel better about myself as a mom and I'm not sure why I tie the two together so strongly).
Stories: Don't Open this Book (or some sort of title similar to this) (N) (I heard him have J read it to him as well...), Richard Scary's Big Book of Words (or some title similar to this...) (S).
Play: Podrace racing with J, Legos (S), Outside painting the deck with water and a paint brush (N), Cars movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment