S has been telling me that he doesn't like his room (there is a wall of full length mirrored closet doors that he doesn't like - I don't really blame him) and if I've had any solutions to help him not be scared by the doors. I gave him a couple cheesy ones but said ultimately that maybe he could move (back)in to N's room. He really liked this idea and has brought it up a couple of times wondering when it was going to happen.
So, this weekend (during a torrential down pour!), J went to Ikea to pick up a duplicate of N's bed and mattress and then he and the boys put the thing together Saturday night. Both boys were so excited. We rearranged the room and actually with the two beds in the room, the room looks bigger and better. I was wondering how it would go and surprisingly they didn't get wild. They did stay up a little later than normally talking about sharing their books. But they were asleep by 9/9:30 which all in all isn't so bad. What a difference a year and a half makes! So, we tried night two last night... given the fact that we started bedtime much later than normal and that they had had late (and long) naps, I guess it wasn't surprising that they didn't go to sleep until 10. Which is too late. But, at least they were generally quiet and there was no running around the house, turning on and off lights, laughing and carrying on. So, I think we'll keep this and hope it sticks. In the meantime, though, the boys will continue to be separated for nap time. I'm not pushing my luck on that one!
A cute comment from S when it was nap time Sunday, after having "moved" to his new room Saturday night. I told him he needed to sleep in his old room - the guest room. He smiled and said but I'm not a guest. I thought that was pretty clever.
The boys also wanted to count the coins in their respective coin cups. I showed them how to count the various coins and told them what it added up to. They wanted to know if they could buy anything with it and I told them maybe a small toy or they could keep saving for something bigger. They decided to buy the small toy now so off they went with J to Toys R Us and came back with a small Lego set for each of them. Their coin cups are now emptied and we are working on how they can start earning more money to replenish their cups.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment