Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Brother

We were at music class today and after class got out and the kids were playing outside, one of the parents asked us if we were going to sign the boys up for summer music classes. I told them that we were only signing up one child - S overheard (how - I'm still not sure as he was playing and not even paying attention - or so I thought) and asked me what that meant and I told him how he was going to be in gym class while N went to music class. He started crying and kept saying over and over "I just want to be with my brother. I don't want to not be with him. I don't want to do gym class (after all)". I told him we already signed up and we needed to try it for a couple of months and he just cried and cried. I felt so bad for him but at the same time I really think they need to try this and see how it goes.

2 comments:

Silver Strands said...

How sweet! Your boys are adorable. I'm sure they'll adjust quickly to taking different classes. You sound like a wonderful mother!

NSMOM said...

Wow - you are my very first commenter - how exciting! Wasn't putting myself out there but thank you very much for the nice message.