Wow, the days sure do fly fast, don't they. I blink it is already a week (or more!) since I do a post. Anyway, we had a nutty weekend this last weekend.
I took Friday off from work so I could go to the boys' last day of preschool celebration. What a complete free-for-all! Not my scene but ultimately I think the boys were happy I went. After that, their class had arranged a park playdate at a park off site - that was much more up my alley and we all had a great time. The boys really had fun and did NOT want to leave. We had a small scene as we left. But eventually we got home and the boys crashed.
Friday night date (but with extra cranky boys as they wanted to keep napping but we elected to wake them up so we wouldn't hit the dinner crowd), Saturday, they had a boy day with J as I drove down to SD for a Mother-Daughter tea with my SIL, MIL and niece. I was able to also squeeze in lunch ahead of time in Carlsbad with one of my friends (who also happens to have twin boys) - we realized especially with the distance, we never get to have girl time and really talk but we always have so much we want to talk about when our families get together. It was awesome having lunch with her and as I suspected would be the case, it was the fast hour and a half ever! Meanwhile, J and the boys went to music class, a quick trip to the pediatrician as N had a rash and we wanted to have it checked (it was as we suspected a reaction to the sunscreen we'd been using - bummer!), and then a birthday party at one of their preschool friend's home. Long nap and they got up just before I got home. Since they didn't know I was almost home they also squeezed in a quick trip to Toys R Us to trade in their (ONE! just one!) piece of candy for a Lego kit. Bedtime, needless to say, was rather late that night (although I was soo tired from the drive down and back to San Diego). Sunday, a quick trip to the Farmer's Market for me and then we were off to the LA River Ride for the kids' ride. It was a bit of pain to check in (they kept sending us to a bunch of different tables, as we get to one, wait in line, that table would say, no your supposed to go to that table over there... repeat a couple of times and finally we were checked in) but the boys had a blast! After that, a quick lunch at home and off we went to another birthday party (for our friends from the twins club who were turning 5 and had a Power Ranger party at their house). It was interesting since neither N nor S know the Power Rangers but S just jumped right in when the character came. N not so much - he wanted to sit with J or I as far away from the action as possible. Finally at the very end, he joined in. A very short nap (and again very cranky boys at that point - we probably would have been better off just saying no nap that day) and then dinner and playing out front with the neighbors. Bedtime and suddenly our weekend came to an end. I immediately felt like I needed another one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment