Wow - I started this off thinking I'd try to post daily and that it would be a more viable way to keep up with what's going on with the boys day to day. I guess not. I'll keep trying.
Happy December 1. The start of the Christmas festivities. Yesterday afternoo after nap, we put up our fake (one of the best purchases we ever made) tree and had the boys help us put the ornaments on it. They loved it, loved the ornaments... until the little train ornaments came out. They got so excited seeing those (they got them from Grammie last year - well, one set and then we had to immediately go out to Hallmark to get the other set once the only one set caused a ton of fighting between them) and lost any interest in putting up the ornament - only eyes for the trains. They sat at the dining table and played with their trains for a good half of an hour.
When they came up for air, they were very excited to see that their dad and I had put the rest of the ornaments on while they were playing trains. S pulled his little child-sized chair right up facing the tree, grabbed his guitar, and started serenading the tree with his own rendition of Frosty the Snowman. Then he'd go ring one the Santa ornament on the tree and his brother would run around the room singing really loudly and being generally goofy and then they'd both go back in front of the tree and play their Frosty song again. Too cute. Funny how they so easily create their own rhythm playing together - there were no instructions or discussions as to the rules of the Frosty "game" - it just was.
This morning as soon as they woke up they wanted to go right back out to the tree and they started playing the same game again. I so want to be them - all excited, finding fun so easy and having such a wonderful friendship with each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment