Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Blues

Posting but not so motivated. Dinner: grilled salmon, grilled corn on the cobb, snap peas, challah bread, apple crisp w/frozen yogurt. Books: N - Richard Scarry What People Do (or something like that) - loves the Making the Road "chapter"; S - Stick (a library book).

I have to say I love our weekends. Friday night starts the weekend with Date Night - no, not the traditional date night for parents but rather J takes one boy and I take the other and we go out to dinner to separate restaurants. We switch boys each week. (This Friday, though, sadly no date night for me as it was the first day of the month so I had to work late. Joel had date night with both boys.) Saturday is coffee at Peet's with our music class friends (and on really lucky days, Jim the Milk Man (Altadenna Milk Truck driver) delivers the milk to Peet's while we are there - he lets the kids ride the lift and he is generally just the nicest person), then we rush to music class, and then typically we all go to the park or something along those lines (this week we went on a "hike" to see the polywogs and had the best time). Boys have a truck picnic (i.e., they eat lunch in the car - J packs something for them in the AM and we bring that in the cooler) so they don't fall asleep on the way home and it also means we get to avoid a floppy/mopsy lunchtime when we get home since they are so tired. Clean up, brush teeth, a story on the chaise and then nap time (sometimes just for the 2 little guys, sometimes the 3 boys (J), and sometimes all four of us). The boys are still taking a 3-4 hour nap; they tend to nap better on the weekends when they know we are home (I think on the weekdays, they listen for me and wake up a little earlier). A nice evening at home, playing outside, BBQing, etc. and the day is over. Sunday, J does morning duty (he does that Sat as well) so I can try to sleep. I head to the Farmer's market once I get up. We all 4 play outside or probably go to the Steam Engines (they are only open 11 - 2 on Sundays). Have a quick lunch, clean up and nap time. Sunday evening same type of thing as Saturday. Those 2 1/2 days sure do fly by.

N said to me last night as I was tucking him in - when is the next weekend? Oh, honey, if only everyday was a weekend. I agree.

No comments: