We went to our friends' place last evening with the boys. They have 2 girls, one is 3 (something) and the other is in 2nd grade, is that 7? When we arrived, they had set up already for the boys in their living room a train set. WOW. They obviously have the entertaining thing down. I have to remember to do this when we have little girls come visit (maybe put out some colors and paper, maybe buy some "girl" toys since our house is predominately trucks and trains). It was such a great idea. We don't see these friends as often so the boys were shy but having the train to go play with while they warmed up was brilliant. Sure enough, both boys warmed up and were playing spectacularly with the 3 year old. Train forgotten (on the most part. S did come back to it a couple times since the allure of a train is pretty strong for him). Hello Little Pony, doll houses, etc. Amazing how exciting "new" toys are to the boys.
Our friends had also ordered pizza and had it delivered - but they took it one extra step. The pizzas had already arrived and were in the oven staying warm, they had a nice tossed salad ready on the counter, along with some carrot sticks. Perfect.
I love going to see friends like this that have it so together when it comes to entertaining. They make it look so effortless. I know that will never be my forte but at the same time I love to take stock of a couple of the things they do and hope to remember to do those when we have people over.
Also, I just have to brag that the boys are really so great at playing with other kids. I do not know if that is a twins thing or just a special trait specific to the boys. They did us proud as they pretty much do every time we go to other folks' places.
Dinner: pizza, carrot sticks, oranges
Play: at friends' house with train, race car set (they brought this out specific for the boys as well), and My Little Pony and castles
Stories: Richard Scary What Do Peole Do (I think that's the title), "chapters" on Going to the Hospital and Taking the Train (N), Harry and Mudge - Puddle Trouble (S)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment