Our plans were thwarted Sunday - we were originally going to go down to Carlsbad and go to the beach with our friends down there. Unfortunately, they called Saturday and had to reschedule as one of them was sick. So, we wound up having a very uneventful Father's Day, which was what we all needed it seemed. We went out to our favorite breakfast place Sunday AM so J didn't have to cook breakfast or do the morning routine with the boys. We swung by the Farmer's market on the way home to get our veggies and fruits for the week and then back home for some play time. The boys mentioned they wanted to go to the Steam Engines (which are only open on Sundays and only from 11 -3). So after a few minutes of Lego play I was prodding them out the door. After our Steam Engine ride back home for some MORE Legos, a quick lunch (none of us were that hungry for lunch given our big breakfast at the restaurant) of broccoli, carrot sticks and a parfait of yogurt, strawberries and granola, and then nap time.
I kind of feel like J got shafted. He was so generous for me for Mom's Day but all he "got" was a couple of cards (one from me and one from the boys) and a handmade painted (by the boys) Happy Father's Day sign. But he did GET to spend the day with the boys playing Legos and I think that's what floats his boat anyway. I jokingly told him that the new Lego sets that arrived in the mail Frday were his Father's Day present and seeing the way he was so into putting all the things together and bulding various things for the boys the rest of the weekend, I think that might have been true.
I did let him pick what he wanted for dinner... wound up being chicken, cheese pasta, and kale salad. (I'm pretty sure he wound up picking chicken because N kept selecting that when it came time for J to pick).
A random thing to point out - N has been playing with my hair more and more. He plays with his own hair (typically twists it around his finger while sucking his finger on the other hand). Now, if I am holding him (which is usually when he is tired and more inclined to be sucking his finger) he'll start twirling my hair around his finger. When it is time for bedtime stories, he lays so close to me, snuggles in and plays with my hair while he listens to his story. It is such a sweet, unconcious thing for him to do. And, I have to admit I've always loved to have my hair played with.
Dinner - described above
Stories - Gingerbread Baby (N), Terrific Trains (N), I Spy (S)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment