Last night while I was reading N his goodnight story (Big Words for Little People), we came to a part in the story (can't recall which part) and N asked if he could do that when he is older. I told him yes. Then he said but I don't want to be older because then I will die. He proceeded to ask me what happens when you die (I told him that a person's body shuts down and stops breathing) and then he said then what (as in what happens next). I didn't know what to tell him. I definitely wasn't ready for this conversation. He then asked if he was going to die. I felt it really important to be honest with him and told him that eventually he would but he'd be a lot older (I hope that part is the truth). Older than mom and dad and Grammy. He said he didn't want to die. Ugh. Definitely an opportunity to have a really good deep conversation with him but I think I dropped the ball there. He looked so sad and worried. Maybe it's time to start bringing up the concept of God. But not sure what I think of God so how in the world can I explain it to a 4 year old.
Today was the boys' first time to see their preschool. It was a sort of early open house so they could see the room and get comfortable with the school. They were a little nervous but not overly so. They were shy when the teacher welcomed them into their room but then quickly started playing with the toys. S was really drawn to the pretend kitchen area and even proceeded to pretend to clean the kitchen and organized the plates. N wanted to be near his brother (as did S) but also was drawn to the trucks and blocks. Monday is their first real day. I think that getting to see all those toys will make them excited to go back Monday. Hopefully.
Dinner: Roasted chicken, corn on the cob, kale salad, peaches, 1/2 Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich.
Books: Big Words for Little People (N & S, separately). Movie: Bug's Life. Play: Lego's, Lego's, Lego's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment