Monday was Parent Participation day at the boys' preschool. That entailed an hour meeting with the other parents and the boys' teachers and then an hour playing with the boys out in the bog play yard. I really enjoyed the parent meeting - the other families in the boys' class seem really nice and down to earth and there were even a few stay-at-home dads which I really like to see. The teachers are so calm and kind. After the meeting the parents just walked out to the big yard.
I finally had a chance to see the boys in their school and for a fraction of a second I got to see them without them knowing I was there. S was "riding" a wooden boat with another little boy and N was playing over in a water area. They were completely separate from each other. And doing great! S was the first to see me as he was closer to the entrance. He looked up, saw me, smiled really big and then went back to playing. I went closer to N and he looked up and smiled at me. I sat with S for a few seconds on his boat with his friend. Then I went over to N's area; S quickly decided to join me. The rest of the hour, the boys played together with me. I'm not sure that is what they normally would have done but it seemed the decided to so they could make sure they were playing with me the whole time. At one point, we were playing with plastic dinosaurs on a train table and building homes for the dinosaurs with wooden blocks. I needed to use the restroom so I told the boys where I was going and that I'd be right back. I heard S tell another mom that was at the table too that "that's my mom. I'm so happy she is here today.". Okay, that made my day, my week, my month, my year!
We headed home after that and the boys asked a couple times during the car ride, as well as later at dinner, if I could go to school again with them sometime. So glad I took the day off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment