Friday, November 6, 2009

November - here already?

This week has been a bit hectic... The first week of the month is always super busy for me at work and now it is that way for J as well. We both seem to be just barely keeping our heads above water this week. And, to top it off, Evelyn was sick and when I talked to her Wednesday AM, her symptoms had the markings of the flu (or swine flu). So, I told her to go ahead and go home and I'd pick the boys up from preschool. More rushing (traffic at 11/Noon is horrible!).

In the middle of all that, the boys got their swine flu vaccine Thursday. Hope it helps. I just received an email from the preschool letting the parents know that they just received their first confirmed case of swine flu today. One of the kids in the MWF program (same as the boys). I've really been stressed how the swine flu would affect S since he has asthma and when he gets a normal cold, he always gets a long-term deep cough that takes so long to recover from.

Besides that, when I picked S up from preschool Wednesday, he was crying as a little boy had been in his face. So sad... I really worry about him and hope he is not the type that's going to be picked on as he goes through school. Then I worried even more when he told me had cried earlier when they were in the sand yard at school and the kids were pouring sand on his glasses (not sure if they were still on his face at that time). He's so sensitive and sweet and wants to please and connect, I'm scared those wonderful traits are going to be the same traits that make him a magnet for the bullies. I'm really looking forward to the parent-teacher conference in a couple weeks with his preschool teachers. I know I can learn so much from them and I am really interested in their insights on both kids.

Otherwise, life is great... quick catch up: Sunday, after Halloween, it was absolutely gorgeous here and so we decided to take the boys to the beach. What an absolutely perfect day! I am much more of a beach person now that we have the boys and I get to see how much they enjoy themselves when we are there - N with a huge grin on his face running in and out of the water, laughing, and wanting to do it over and over and over; S being his imaginative self digging in the sand, making a rock a butterfly and also chasing after the birds. That day is what has kept me going this week.

Dinner: Spicy baked shrimp (first time I've cooked shrimp for the boys and they liked it!), brown rice, French bread, green beans, and cinnamon apples.

Books: Miss Spider's Wedding (or something like that) and Traction Man (we read together since J was at a hockey game last night)

No comments: