So J saw that there was a Bioncle movie on one of the TV channels and DVR'd it so the boys could watch it sometime. He previewed it once and decided it should be fine. The boys watched the movie for the first time sometime early December. They've watched it (or parts of it) every night since then. They both pick it for their night's pick. Not really my cup of tea but they LOVE it. It's given them even more renewed interest in their Bioncle toys. We hear a LOT about Bioncles, Bioncles, Bioncles. I don't quite get the allure but they are so into it. Luckily, J seems to enjoy playing Bioncles (battling/fighting the figurines and doing pretend play around the characters) with them.
Anyway, I bring it up today because last night, as usual, S chose the Bioncle movie for his movie choice. They started the movie from around the same place they normally do. But last night was different, we had CONSTANT commentary and questions from N. It was so funny. He kept talking about what was happening, what was coming AND he had so many questions about what was going on, who was good, who was bad, what was about to happen, etc. Seriously, running commentary. Not sure where it came from but it made me laugh pretty much throughout the movie!
Another thing for me to mention so I can remember it later... Tuesday E came to take care of the boys as J & I had errands to do and appointments to go to so J opened the door early for her, came into our room to go back to sleep, boys were still sleeping (surprising but at the same not since Monday had been such a big day with our snow day and short nap). So when E came in the house, it was quiet and dark but S quickly woke up and came out to join her (N wound up sleeping in until 7:30!!! Unheard of...). I wasn't asleep but just laying quietly in bed hoping to go back to sleep since we had the coverage so I was just enjoying listening to their conversation. And it was a real conversation. I heard S ask E, "E, how was your Christmas?" and then they talked about it and he asked questions, etc. He did a marvelous job of asking her questions and letting her talk about her. Eventually, N woke up and then I got to listen to the three of them chat. I actually enjoy those moments. It is a bit of eavesdropping, I suppose, but I love just listening to them interact with other people and see how big (and intelligent) they are becoming.
Tonight's a family friendly New Year's Eve party at one of my twins' club friend's house. It should fun. The boys know the family really well so hopefully the kids will play well together even if there are other kids (that they may or may not know) that join the mix.
Dinner: Dutch babies, kale salad, cinnamon sugar bagels, apples. (Boys have actually had some really good dinners lately - they've calmed down a bit and have been so excited to practice/try using a knife.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment