So we rang in the New Year in style by going to a (family-friendly) party at our friend's place. She and her husband have 4 1/2 yr old twin boys as well. There were a couple other young boys at the party and some other couples. When we got there, the boys ran right up to Jeff (the dad) and gave him a huge hug and yelled hi to him and then did the same to Alyssa (the mom). They jumped right in playing with the other set of twins. And wow, did it get loud! They each had a light saber of some sort (or sword) and were chasing each other (all four of them plus another little boy) all around the house. I just KNEW someone would wind up hurt but I was trying to let it go and let the kids have fun. I didn't want to be the (only) stick in the mud. Sure enough, someone wound up getting hurt and it was really rough for me as it is was S that hurt someone. I know it wasn't intentional but as the other little boy was crying, I felt so bad. I know S did too and he also really didn't like the attention it drew to him. Eventually, the kids moved to the nice big sectional they have and watched Madagascar (II?) and everyone still had a great time. N really wanted to come home but the sad reason was because he had to go #2 and can't go anywhere but home so his stomach was really hurting him. So, we pretty much left a few minutes after the 9PM (NY) New Year's celebration. The boys were so tired when we got home and after both using the bathroom, they went right to sleep and slept in a little in the AM!
We had our neighbors over (a couple and their small boy) to try my first attempt at homemade doughnuts. The doughnuts turned out okay. The idea was to have homemade doughnuts and watch the Rose Bowl parade (on TV) but even though we had the TV on no one watched it (which deep down I have to admit it made me happy that the boys weren't completely glued to it just because it was on). After we played at the house (and the boys were getting way too wild), we all headed out to the park. The boys were definitely off this day. Not sure if it was because of the long day the day prior or if it was because of what was to come the following day. We basically got through the morning and N practically fell asleep before lunch (and really wanted to skip lunch cause he was too tired). We had a quiet evening.
Next day, S threw up in the mid morning. He definitely felt bad so he laid on the couch and he hung out. Poor N, he was so bored. We didn't leave the house and he didn't have his playmate. S threw up again one more time and then they both took their nap. After nap (I slept too), S was hanging on the couch, N & J went off to Toys R Us so they could get out of the house and just look around, and I was starting to feel kind of funny myself. Sure enough, I wound up throwing up while I was hanging out with S. Sadly, I threw up a lot more and much more frequently. I couldn't wait for J to get home and take over. When he did, I retreated to my room to suffer there. A very rough night for me and a relatively rough night for J (he didn't throw up but he did have the chills and a fever and was trying to fight whatever it was we all had). Boys woke up and S felt so much better. It is amazing how quick they bounce back. He really wanted to go to Toys R Us too (since he had missed out the day prior). Before they went, N threw up. I thought, oh, no, I'm going to have to take care of him while S & J go off (I was in NO position to take care of anyone at that point). Surprisingly (and luckily), N was fine within about 30 minutes and rearing to go. So off they went. J was super dad that day. He took care of their lunch, got them into nap, started their dinner. He needed to go to the supermarket and the boys didn't want to go with him so I moved myself from my bed to the couch so I could keep an eye on the boys while they played. They were so cute. Since I hadn't really seen them all day, they were so excited to see me, touch me, snuggle with me, chat with me. I felt like a princess! I was finally starting to get better that evening.
We all went back to our normal routine Monday AM. J & I off to work, E here, and the boys off to preschool. Definitely helps that they had preschool to look forward to otherwise the transition from a bunch of days with Mom and Dad to our back to normal may have been a bit more rough. They did great.
Dinner: roast chicken, broccoli, yam fries, and cranberry sauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment