Thursday, January 21, 2010

Doctor, Doctor

I stayed home sick yesterday. So did N... well, he didn't go to preschool and his brother did. E still took care of the boys but I popped out to say hi when it was just N and E hanging out. It was fun to watch N play by himself and see what he did. He's so much better at playing by himself now. Anyway, when it came time for E to pick up S, I asked N if he'd rather just stay home. He said he'd rather stay, so while E was gone picking up S, N and I snuggled on the couch and read books together. Then I asked N to get me a Kleenex. He got me a couple and then when he realized I didn't have a pocket, he figured out I could just tuck them into my PJ's waistband. Anyway, when I was done blowing my nose, he wanted to inspect my nostril to make sure there weren't any boogers still in there. He climbed on top of me and got really close and pulled my nose up and looked. He was so funny about it - so serious. He found some and had me blow my nose again. Finally, I got all the boogers and we went back to reading. It was such a random moment but still such a sweet one - he was so gentle and concerned about me.

We eventually starting making up stories and he wanted me to make up one about a ghost. So my ghost story had a scary ghost become scared himself when he heard the thunder so he flew to our house and knocked on the door. He woke up Daddy, daddy eventually let him in and Daddy let him sleep on the chaise. When the thunder hit again, the ghost was scared and woke Daddy up again. N came and suggested the ghost sleep with him. So they did. Eventually the ghost woke up in the AM and was so hungry. He wanted to eat people but we didn't have any in the fridge so he ate everything else and made a big mess which made Mommy very angry. The ghost needed to pee and so he pee'd all over the floor. Mommy told him he needed to leave but the ghost didn't want to (and this part Nikoli interjected) so he cut Mommy in half. N and S scared the ghost away with their light sabers and their bioncle flames. Then they stitched Mommy back together and had a nice rest of the day. The end.

N had me tell the same story at least 3 times yesterday. He must have listened so closely because when I retold it, if I changed anything or left anything out, he quickly corrected me.

Dinner: short ribs, mashed potatoes, green beans and cranberry sauce.

No comments: