For the last couple of years, J & I took the approach that we'd just send the boys to the local public school for K. Supposedly, it is the top ranked elementary school in the Burbank district. J called earlier this week to find out how we go about registering the boys and the various deadlines and I had him also ask about class size. It looks like this next year the boys' class will have a ratio of 30 K students to 1 teacher. WHAT?!?!? That one simple number has completely derailed me and now I am at a total loss of what to do. Do we suck it up and spend a fortune for private (keeping in mind that it will be 2 times whatever the tuition is since there will be the two of them) and if we do decide to do that, we are so behind in picking a school and the enrollment process for that. Many of the schools have already reached their cutoff date and are no longer accepting applications - it is the first week of February people! I feel so behind the eight ball here. There is a school in the neighboring district which has a foreign language immersion program. I have an email into them to find out about their class size and a little more about the program. I feel that the clock is ticking faster and faster and I need to hurry up and make a decision which of course just makes me lock up and not know what to do and just become more anxious while not tackling the problem.
I wish some amazingly intelligent guru could tell me what I'm supposed to do. I know it is just K but at the same time I feel like I'm setting up my boys' path with this one decision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment