Thursday, October 27, 2011

Unbelievable

Unbelievable. That's me. Well, that's me according to my 6 year old son, S. You know why he thinks I'm unbelievable...

1. I drew in the afternoon with him and he thinks my drawings are unbelievable.
2. We got take out and, when it was time to stop drawing and eat, he asked if we could eat in front of the TV (which they really never do with me, but sometimes do with J). I asked N to let me take a quick smell, he was ok so I told them they didn't have to shower or bathe and they just needed to get their PJs on first and that then we could.
3. They got ice cream sundaes
4. We watched 3 episodes of the Clone Wars!
5. We read books and even cuddled before bed which we recently stopped doing.

As we were watching the Clone Wars on the couch together, more than one time, S looked over at me and said mom, you are unbelievable! Just such a sweet boy. When he said good night he said it again.

The next morning, when I woke him up, he asked me so kindly if I'd help him get dressed (he normally doesn't ask me anymore). I said sure, but then I needed to get going to work. He just smiled really big and told me I was unbelievable. Made my day starting it off with such a positive thought.

Carried over to last night's dinner when we had sundaes again for dessert. But I quickly bounced off my unbelievable pedestal. I was in the kitchen, S was on the couch and I told him to put on his glasses (which were in the kitchen). He asked me if I'd bring them to him and I just game him a look. He came over and got them and said (not really snarkily but just sort of matter of factly), mom, you aren't being so unbelievable right now. I told him I couldn't be unbelievable all the time and he agreed he'd rather I was unbelievable with the sundaes than with his glasses.

No comments: