I feel like I'm in one of those video games where there are things flying at you all the time and you are just trying to shoot at them without getting blown up. Well, I feel like life is sort of flying around me and I am just trying to catch things here and there before they are gone.
We have had a really pretty good Fall. The boys went through their first soccer season and both did exceptionally well, considering it was their first time playing. They did well with the team concept, loved their coach, loved their teammates and the competition, and just really looked forward to both the Friday practices and Saturday games. It made for some busy weekends when we threw in speech therapy appointments and also some birthday parties on the same days but in the long run, it was a great experience.
The boys have also really enjoyed Kindergarten. They both enjoy their teachers and are enthusiastic about going each morning. They have had two "shows" - the Halloween show, which was the later part of the school day but a full concert where each class sang and performed 2 classes, and the Christmas show, which was in the evening, required some dress up (no tennis shoes - uggggh, I had to buy shoes for the boys!), and again had each class doing a couple of songs. Both shows were amazing and so much fun to watch. They are making friends with their classmates, definitely now leaning toward playing more with the boys and being as active as possible. I wish we had more days in the week to schedule fun playdates with their new friends, their old friends (preschool, music class, etc.) and the neighborhood. It just feels like there isn't a lot of free time anymore.
They kept with the karate as well. Classes now are every Monday and Wednesday from 5 to 5:30. They have moved from yellow to orange to purple belt this year. I'm not sure how much longer they will stick with it but I am hopeful it will be for a little longer as I think overall it is a really great program.
When Winter Break started this last Friday, the four of us flew off to Montana with our neighbors. It was a great trip even though it started with all the kids throwing up the first night/next morning. Once everyone recovered, we ventured into Yellowstone on day and on the same day hit these great hot springs as well. The next day the kids all went snow boarding at Moonlight Basin - it was so pretty as it had snowed the night before. The last day, J stayed in the little local town with the kids and took them to the park and the local lunch place while I went into Bozeman with our neighbor to check out the cute shops. We flew home that evening. And, I have to say, between the boys getting a little older and the invention of the iPad and iPhones, flying has gotten a little easier.
Which brings me to the last update, we were all happy to come home to see our new puppy! We added Blanca to our family the Friday before Thanksgiving. She is a white golden retriever (officially known as an English Golden Retriever) and she has the best disposition. She is definitely in puppy mode and playful but she also calms down at times and snuggles. The boys are really enjoying her and playing with her but definitely are not happy when she gets into their things or tries to bite them. I'm already imagining this being our family dog until the boys head off to college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment