Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Update

Loving Fall - it finally feels like Fall here in Southern California. It was under 80 on Saturday and under 70 on Sunday.

We had our normal date night Friday night - I had N. We went to Islands (his favorite). I had read a great article about questions to ask your young child about preschool to encourage them to talk. So I tried a couple of those on him on our drive over and they worked (a little). J & I agreed to meet up after dinner and take both boys together to frozen yogurt. The boys really seemed to enjoy that (meeting up as well as the frozen yogurt).

Saturday, we did the normal music class, coffee, park morning. The kids played really well together at the park. The boys even played with other kids that were at the park at the same time. Saturday evening, I made a homemade pumpkin pie - all the way down to making the pumpkin puree from some pumpkins the boys had picked out from the pumpkin patch visit the week before. We stayed up a little late so they could try some of the pie (it too forever to cook).

Sunday, we planned to go to Underwood first thing in the AM. We were running a little late but made great driving time and got there by 9:15. Both boys were thrilled to see the tractors and run around the place. We took the tractor wagon ride. Boys insisted they could sit by themselves (rather than on our laps) and even though their heads kept banging against the wood when we went over the bumps, they held strong and sat so seriously through the ride. We then decided to go do the U-pick raspberries and strawberries and had a blast. N & S let me know they weren't going to be like Little Sal with the blueberries while they were picking the raspberries... but once we got to the strawberries all bets appeared to be off. When we got home, I found out that N had nibbled off every strawberry he put in his box. Testing, not eating. We let the boys play on the tractor for a few minutes while J got some of the mini-doughnuts. We were all in heaven eating those. So much so, that I went back to wait in line to get some more while J and the boys went to go pay for all our produce. Mmm.

That evening, we had a quiet time at home, playing Lego's and figurines. I think the boys needed to make sure they got some home-playtime in since they didn't have much that morning. We had a good dinner, movie and then bed. A great day and a great weekend.

Dinner: Brown rice, chicken, guacamole, green beans, strawberries and raspberries and a little slice of pumpkin pie.

Books: Room on the Broom (N), Day at the Airport by Richard Scarry (N), Bionicles comic (S)

No comments: