Here was S' bedtime story last night...
Once upon a time there was a sweet little boy named S N. On this morning, S woke up and thought today is supposed to be a special day but I can't remember why. Mom and Dad came in and said are you excited for your first day of Kindergarten? (S had requested the story be about Kindergarten). So S got dressed and was so excited to meet his teacher and see who was going to be in his class. S got to class and walked up to his teacher and said good morning. She asked him what his name was and he told her and he asked her what her name was and she said Miss Belle. S asked her if she was a princess and she said yes (originally story was that she said no but S interjected at that point and said no, she said yes). Then S noticed other kids coming in and they were some of his friends from preschool - in came Beckett, Cameron, Savannah, Jared, and then Poopie-monster came running in almost late.
(S interjected at this point to make sure I included in the story that he told everyone their teacher was a princess...)
They had a great morning learning from Miss Belle and then had a small snack (S interjected that the snack was princess cookies). Poopie monster ate too many cookies and had a tummy ache so he had to go to the bathroom (to poop - remember this story is for a 4 1/2 yr old little boy). As Poopie monster headed off to the bathroom, the rest of the class went outside to play in the play yard and they played princess, prince, castles, dragons, etc. and had a great time. Then it was time for one last story and then everyone would go home. S realized Poopie wasn't back so he ran down to the bathroom and (as usual in every Poopie-monster story) Poopie had fallen asleep. S woke him up and Poopie was so excited to go out and play but S tried to tell him he had missed that but Poopie was already running down the hall excitedly. When Poopie got to the room, he noticed everyone was taking OFF their coats and asked why. Miss Belle told Poopie that unfortunately he had missed that time so Poopie started crying. Miss Belle explained to Poopie that he'd have another opportunity the next day and so Poopie stopped crying. Miss Belle read a nice story and everyone went home (this is where I intended to end the story).
(But, S had something else in mind... he said, I want to sleep at school and Poopie will be sad he doesn't get to too)
So, S stayed for his nap (oh, and S wanted me - Mommy - to be there too). When Poopie realized he didn't get to stay he was soo sad.
(I continued the story with Miss Belle told Poopie not to be upset that he would have his time another day but S then interjected again and said no, he would be the only one that would stay any afternoon... I looked at him as to try to figure out why and he said because I am handsome... and because Poopie is stinky)
So Poopie went home crying. Meanwhile, Miss Belle rubbed S back and read him a story and he fell asleep. And so did Mommy. The end.
S said to make sure I told N what our story was about in case he wanted the same one. So I did. N looked at me like I was nuts and said no that's okay. And we read his Thomas the Train library book. While we were reading, S yelled over, Mommy remember tonight's story cause it was a really good one and I want the same one tomorrow. Too cute.
Dinner: J made!!! Salmon, broccoli and roasted potatoes, pears and strawberries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment