Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1st Day of Preschool (Year 2)

Today was the boys' first day of preschool for this school year. They were so cute last night as they were concerned that they didn't have a lunchbox. They had met the teacher last week and noted that their cubbies were extra small and their backpack (which is what they took their occasional lunch in last year) wouldn't fit. I had intended to surprise them with their lunchboxes this AM but given their concern I surprised them last night. I had bought the Batman lunchboxes from Pottery Barn and had their names embroidered on there. When they saw them they were very excited.

This AM, I took the morning off from work so I could take them to school and attend the first parents' meeting. S was so cute when I came out while he was eating breakfast. He said, Mom, I wish you could eat breakfast with us and take us to school every morning. So sweet! We loaded up and headed to school.

They were excited and it really helped I'm sure that as I was parking the car, they saw a couple of their friends from last year. S was so funny about his lunchbox - he wanted to show everyone. He even started trying to be sly about it... each time he'd see one of his friends go by, he'd casually put his lunchbox in front of his body and then say hi. When they saw their teacher (new ones for them this year) go into the classroom, they got all excited and pointed her out to me. When the teacher opened the door for the kids to come in, the boys just went right on in without me. I followed shortly after and met the teachers (they seem really nice) and then went to go say goodbye. I went to kiss S and he wasn't thrilled about me kissing him (are we already there with being worried that his friends will see that!?!) but I did kiss him on the head and N let me kiss him and as I was leaving N came up and gave me a hug goodbye. That was it. I love that they feel so comfortable.

No comments: